2/6/15

204 / slow fade..




In San Miguel de Allende, I stayed 2 summers in 
this beautiful hotel, the Posada Carmina.
A wonderful old Spanish lady ran it. I had a room with this outlook,
& also a corner room overlooking the street.
I was in my room a lot, painting, & came to love the building,
& Carmina






There was a restaurant below, & a cantina next door.
There is a place named Hotel Posada Carmina,
am doubtful it could still be her; it has been 'upgraded',
unfortunately. It was over 30 years ago..






So was the trip down the Yangtze. The print has been a pinkish brown
all that time (dirty chemicals I suppose) so even photos
reflect the unreliability of memory.






I also enjoy to make changes in memory:
more recently, for the 2nd edition of A Recipe for Dreaming,
I used this as part of one illustration.
click to enlarge