8/27/15

241 / altered photos




At some time in the 1980's I realised I could add 
a bit of paint to my photos
(Dalhousie)






to bring out things that were almost visible
(London)






sometimes just a couple of strokes were enough






& I liked that it should be such a surprise, since
people were expecting just a photo
(Bangalow)






some photos were old, & I didn't find the hiding folk 
till later, at other times I took the photo because
they were visible






& sometimes it reflected states of mind,
no doubt






Some I've subsequently used in books,
& then I usually had to fix them up a bit on the computer







I stayed at this hotel while I finished the I Ching book,
in San Miguel Allende






Some friends were renting a place here, in southern Mexico.
With the photos, its possible to turn them in the light,
& see where the paint is, this one comes slowly
without that aid






& the tree person/spirit I could see in this
rather mysterious forest in Chiapas






Although I'd been at least one winter in Canada, in Colorado
it was really full on, in the country






the forest was full of entities






there were very few people around, & you know that
hush in snow, & when you hear the plop of falling snow:
I felt they were playing with me






as I've probably said before, nature seems to love
to be admired.. thats not quite the way to say it, but there
is a sense of something reciprocal ~
wouldn't you say?