11/28/14

186 / dream remedies 3




I became interested in homeopathic remedies in India -
where they are in wide use - bought some (large!) books about it, 
& took them to the mountains






the next series of paintings
 seemed to change, depending on what my main
interest was that year






& for an earlier series there is unfortunately 
no record .. I was reminded of that today when I heard someone
say they had been meditating etc in India, & found it 
difficult to meet the practicalities of being back in Australia






that is, I forgot to get them properly photographed






In my mind they all relate, in some way,
or perhaps its simply the same sensibility:
even though the current paintings are quite large,
in acrylics, & at first sight quite straightforward.






Anyway, its what's happening now.






In these years - this series was around the late 80's -
I certainly needed to exhibit & sell them, 
yet didn't think a lot about who might be interested,
its where my own interests went






Hopefully a few people will like my next series 
(mountains)
if I decide to exhibit, but it may not be the same people
as before.